Seven Tips to Finding the Perfect New Home for Sale in Fort Wayne
How to find the perfect home from the best Fort Wayne new home builder.
Is a new home on the horizon for you this spring? If you’re in the market for a new home for sale in Fort Wayne, you have a big adventure ahead of you. Once you’ve found your dream home, you’ll create new traditions, make new friends and have new places to discover and explore. In the meantime, here are seven tips to help you find the perfect new home in Fort Wayne (which, by the way, is a wonderful place to live).
- Make a list of can’t-live-withouts. What new home features and trends are important to you? Make a list of the things you know you can’t live without. Do you know if you want a two-story or ranch-style home? Is a basement or spacious backyard important to you? Do you want a community that’s kid-friendly? Do you love outdoor activity? If so, amenities like walking trails and parks might be a priority for you. Do you love to cook? Perhaps a dream kitchen is at the top of your list.
- New, or new to you? Do you picture your family in a pristine, newly built home or are you DIYers looking for an older home in need of some TLC? Your trade-off is new appliances and fixtures, a wide-open floorplan, big closets and a blank canvas, versus vintage charm in an older, established neighborhood. There are other considerations between older and newer homes too, like the fact that new homes come with a new home warranty and tend to be more energy efficient.
- Location, location, location. When it comes to the location of your new home, what are your priorities? Are you looking for idyllic country charm and quiet, or close proximity to an urban vibe? Are you hoping to have multi-use trails, woods and water just outside your door? Work with your realtor or new home building consultant to help you choose the right location in or around Fort Wayne for your perfect new home.
- New-build or move-in ready? If you have the time, budget and decision-making skills to work with a new home builder, you’ll have more available choices to make your new home unique, from the fixtures, to the floorplan, to the exterior finishes. However, if you need to move quickly or would rather choose a beautiful new home that already meets your needs, a move-in ready home could be the perfect choice for you.
- Use online tools. Don’t get overwhelmed. There are tons of cool online tools available to help you narrow your search and save time, energy and drive time. Showcase and 3-D videos, as well as interactive floorplans can help you take a “test drive” of a new home and the community it’s in, before you check it out in person.
- Keep an open mind. Paint colors can be changed. So can decor. When you’re looking at a model home or a move-in ready home, keep that in mind. If you find the perfect floorplan that checks all, or most, of the boxes on your can’t-live-without list, in a community that feels like home, you’ll have lots of time to make it your own.
- Relax and enjoy the ride. Take a deep breath. It all feels like a lot right now, but look at it like a journey. Sure, you have some big decisions to make and there’s a lot involved in the process of selecting and purchasing a new home in Fort Wayne. You’re on a path to an amazing new chapter in life for you and your family. Your happily ever after awaits.
If you’re looking for a new home for sale in Fort Wayne, whether you want a move-in ready home or are planning to build, Westport Homes is your new-home expert. Westport Homes is a division of D.R. Horton, the Midwest’s most respected new home builder, with communities in and around Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
When you choose a Westport Home, you’re choosing a Fort Wayne new home builder that’s a part of the largest homebuilder in the country. You’re also choosing a quality new home builder that’s committed to utilizing sustainable building practices and offering standard features that other builders consider upgrades. You’ll feel confident that you have the Westport Advantage on your side.
Fort Wayne new-build home communities include: Aurora Coves, Bear Creek Estates, Coves of Hawks Ridge, Glen Hollow, Grey Hawk, Morgan Creek, Summer Wind and The Preserves of Carroll Creek West.