The Top Six Reasons to Work with a New Home Builder
To build or not to build? That is the question. If you’re in the market for a new home, one decision you’ll need to make at the beginning of your search is whether to work with a new home builder or purchase an existing older home. There are lots of benefits to working with a new home builder. Here are six reasons why choosing to work with a new home builder means finding the perfect new home for your family.
- Quality. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your new home is built with the finest materials if you choose to work with a quality new home builder. New-build homes must meet stringent industry standards. More than that, new homes are built with the future in mind, so your new-build home is designed for sustainability as well. With an older home, you may run into outdated systems and even wiring or plumbing that’s not up to code.
- Support. Building a new home can seem daunting– the possibilities seem unlimited! But new home builders have a team of design experts to guide you through the process. Find a new home builder that puts their customers first. Your dedicated team of design consultants will help you create your dream home, with all the features you need to fit your family’s lifestyle and priorities.
- Warranty. New home builders offer support to their clients even after the building process is complete. When you choose to have a home built, your satisfaction is guaranteed, and eventual repairs are handled by your new home warranty. When you buy an older home, repairs will be your responsibility.
- Flexibility. When you’re working with a new home builder, you get to choose the right floor plan for your family. When you buy an older home, your ability to customize and tailor things to your family’s needs is incredibly limited– what you see is what you get. Whether you’re a young family needing room to grow or empty-nesters looking to downsize, you’ll be able to find a new home design floorplan that’s perfect for you.
- Lower Maintenance Costs. During the building or buying process, upkeep on your future home may be the furthest thing from your mind, but it should be a factor in your decision. Because all the systems and appliances in a new-build home are also brand new, you’ll save money in repairs.
- Lower Energy Bills. New homes are built with energy efficiency in mind, using updated and modern fixtures and appliances. As a result, energy bills are cheaper in new homes. You could find yourself spending lots of money updating an older home’s energy efficiency. Those dollars could instead be spent decorating your new-build home.
So, when it’s time to start shopping for your next home, consider working with a new home builder. You’ll be delighted by the possibilities and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having a support team and warranty to back up your new home purchase. And ultimately, you’ll save some money, which you can use on fun family time once you’re settled into your new-build home!
About Westport Homes
Westport Homes has rapidly become a leading new home builder in the Midwest. Our people and processes, durability and assurance of quality home building have expanded our growth from Indianapolis to operations in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and Ohio.
Our quality new-build homes come equipped with an extensive list of included features that other builders consider upgrades, such as decorative lighting packages, finely crafted wood cabinets, impressive landscaping packages, and, on select plans, kitchen islands and luxurious master bathrooms. We offer one of the best warranties in the new home industry. Additionally, we use building materials and suppliers that embrace sustainability and resource conservation. These green features make for a cleaner home and save you money each month on utility bills by using less energy and water.