Five Must-Haves in your Fort Wayne Dream Kitchen
If you could create your dream kitchen in a Fort Wayne new-build home, what would it be?
Kitchens are typically the heart of any home. As you’re looking for houses for sale in and around the Fort Wayne, Indiana area, the kitchen will most likely be the first thing you fall in love with. Every family has a different style and has varying ideas about what would be the perfect floorplan for them. And as far as kitchens go, we all use them differently. Some families might eat at home every night, while others might use the kitchen as more of the family hub in their busy lives. Some may love to cook and entertain, while others may rarely peek inside the oven.
However, there are some kitchen features that will have universal appeal in new-build homes, regardless of your lifestyle. These are features that give you greater convenience, utility flexibility and luxury in your new home’s kitchen. Here’s a list of our top five dream kitchen features in a new build home in Fort Wayne, Indiana!
- An in-kitchen, study center. When mail, report cards and bills come into the house, where do they land? In the kitchen. Your center island or countertops become magnets for everything you don’t have time to put away (or don’t have the energy to deal with at the moment). Imagine having a study center in your kitchen where you could stash everything that lands in the kitchen until you have time to dispatch with it. Then, if unexpected company stops by, you can just close up your desk!
- A spacious walk-in pantry. Whether you love to cook or not, ample storage in the kitchen for both ingredients and cooking equipment is always a highly sought-after feature. Regardless of how you use your kitchen, you’ll find loads of ways to fill up a walk-in pantry. They’re a great catch-all for cleaning supplies and seasonal items (such as grilling tools).
- High quality finishes. First of all, look for a new home builder who includes kitchen upgrades as standard. Nothing adds more to your kitchen’s appeal than real hardwood cabinets and quartz countertops. High quality fixtures will be more durable and easier to take care of while you’re living in the house, and they’ll be one of the reasons why a prospective buyer will fall in love with your house … just like you did!
- A kitchen-adjacent laundry room. While second floor laundry rooms have trended lately, some families love the convenience of having laundry available right off the kitchen. If you’re a multitasker, you can keep an eye on the laundry while you’re whipping up dinner. And, with sunshine streaming in the window, laundry day will be much less of a chore!
- A cozy breakfast nook. Formal dining rooms are wonderful for entertaining. Even on a weeknight when it’s just the two of you, you might pull out the china and set a fancy table. But if you want to curl up with the newspaper on a Sunday morning, or feed the crew a quick bite after a hectic day, a breakfast nook is the perfect spot.
When you’re searching for the perfect home with a dream kitchen, there are plenty of cool tools available today to help you find it. So, if a fabulous kitchen is important to you, make that a priority in your search. And while you’re searching for a new home in Fort Wayne, (and Fort Wayne certainly is a great place to live!) look for a great new home builder that offers your top “must-haves.”
Westport Homes, a division of D.R. Horton, is the Midwest’s most respected new home builder, with communities in and around Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
Fort Wayne communities include: Coves of Hawks Ridge, Glen Hollow, Grey Hawk, Morgan Creek, Summer Wind and The Preserves of Carroll Creek West.
Other Fort Wayne-area communities include: Aurora Coves, Calera in Roanoke; Bear Creek Estates.
Columbus-area communities include: Broadmoore Commons, Broadmoore Commons- Lifestyle Paired Patio Homes in Pataskala; Adalee Park and The Reserve at Lantern Chase in Delaware; Brentwood and The Overlook in Lancaster; Butler Farms in Obetz; Canal Cove in Canal Winchester; Chestnut Commons in Commercial Point; Ellington in Granville; Meadows of Mill Creek in Ostrander; Preston Trails and Willow Pond in Pickerington; Springer Woods in Delaware; The Corners at Johnnycake and The Reserve at Hidden Creek in Galena; Wagnalls Run in Lithopolis and Weaver Ridge in Marysville.
Indianapolis new-build home communities include: Avery Park, Cardinal Village, Epler Trace, Overlook at Birchwood Park, Tansel Creek, Village at New Bethel, Village at New Home- Patio Homes, Villas at Birchwood Park and Woods at Traders Point.
Other Indianapolis-area communities include: Devonshire, Grant Park at Prestwick, Regency Estates, Regency Reserve, Settlement West in Avon; Bridlewood Estates and Bridlewood Reserve in Plainfield; Estates at Rocklane Ridge, Pleasant Valley and Reserve at Rocklane Ridge in Greenwood; Homestead in Monrovia; Sawmill in Greenfield; Sheffield Park in Westfield; Stone Crossing in New Palestine; Twin Lakes Estates in Shelbyville and Westwood Landing in Whitestown.