How Nichole Can Help
Nichole is here to help answer any and all questions you have. She provides a no pressure environment with quick and accurate answers to your questions, eventually setting you up with a knowledgeable sales rep when the time is right.
Nichole will get you updated information on pricing, plans, amenities, launch dates, and insider information on the Columbus community. She has assisted a wide range of customers, from first-time homebuyers, transplants relocating to Columbus, to buyers looking to downsize later in life. She is eager to learn more about your specific home buying needs and help you navigate the process.
Available when you need her, she’s your resource for any and all questions regarding purchasing a new Westport Home in Columbus. Everything from finding the right location and deciding on the best floor plan to basic financing questions and providing an overview of the building process.
Drop Nichole a note today or give her a call to start the conversation!
An Ohio native, Nichole provides an abundance of knowledge of the city and all it has to offer. Nichole attended the Ohio State University and jumped into the new construction world right out of college. Nichole has worked for Westport Homes for nearly 8 years fulfilling many different roles for the company and now serving as the Internet Sales Associate. Nichole’s hobbies include spending quality time with her husband and kids, antique hunting and entertaining friends and family at her home.
Contact Nichole Smith
Submit a Warranty/Service Request
On behalf of all of us at Westport Homes, thank you for purchasing a Westport Home! We take pride in our workmanship and although we strive to build a home with zero defects, we realize that problems can occur after closing. In an effort to correct any that may arise, we ask that you inform us in writing. Please submit a request at the bottom of the page with your questions or concerns and we will contact you within one business day.
Temperatures can be extreme in the Midwest. Frozen pipes aren’t covered under warranty, but these tips may help get your water going again and prevent pipes from freezing again in the future:
- Set the thermostat to “fan” instead of “auto” to keep air circulating
- Keep interior doors open when possible to help with air circulation
- Allow faucets to drip slightly
- Keep thermostat set to at least 65°, even while no one is at home
- Keep the garage overhead door closed except to enter an exit
- In extreme temperatures, open vanity and base cabinet doors to help warmer ambient air circulate
- Use a space heater in areas that are especially cold
Click here to immediately see the coverage remaining on your home.
We want to complete warranty service as quickly as possible and will respond to online service requests Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Someone must be at your home during normal business hours to meet with our contractors for repairs. We cannot enter a home without the homeowner or a representative present.
If you experience an emergency after hours, please contact the appropriate contractor directly. For Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, refer to the orange sticker under your kitchen sink. For Columbus, refer to the sticker on the homeowner maintenance manual CD.
Examples of a true emergency include:
- A total loss of heat in cold weather
- A water leak requiring shutoff at the meter
- A total stoppage of the sewer system within the first 30-days after closing
- Manufacturer’s warranties take precedence over your home warranty through Westport Homes. Make sure to register the warranties on your appliances, HVAC system and water heater as soon as possible!
- Westport Homes is not able to coordinate appliance warranty repairs. To schedule a repair, please contact the manufacturer.
- Clogged toilets and sewer system backups are covered under warranty only for the first 30 days after closing. Heavy toilet paper and wipes should not be flushed.
- To prevent leaks from frozen hose bibs, turn off the outdoor water supply in cold weather and disconnect all hoses.
- Leaks from frozen hose bibs are not covered under warranty.
- To prevent leaks from ice damming, make sure the valleys in your roof and gutters are clear of snow and ice. Leaks from ice dams are not covered under warranty.
- Change your furnace filters regularly to keep your system running smoothly and to improve the air quality in your home.
- Care and maintenance of your exterior concrete and landscaping is the responsibility of either the homeowner or the HOA, depending on where you live.
If you misplaced copies of warranty documentation or your electronic BAGI access information, please let us know so we can share it with you.
Submit a Warranty/Service Request
Columbus Realtor Relationship Manager
I’m Myndi Zipf and I’m at your service. As the Realtor Relationship Manager for the Columbus area, my job is to make your life easier and help you sell more homes!
Do you have questions? I have answers. Give me a call or send me an email today.
The Westport Homes Diamond Edge Club
Join our realtor loyalty program, The Diamond Edge Club. Be the first to know about Westport Homes events, like grand openings and open houses and get exclusive offers and loyalty rewards! Simply fill out the form to join the club.
Interested in becoming a valued member of the Westport Homes team? Take a look at the job positions we currently have available:
- Columbus, OH – Superintendent
- Columbus, OH – Accounts Payable
- Indianapolis, IN – New Home Sales Consultant
- Fort Wayne, IN – New Home Sales Consultant
Become part of the Westport Homes team. Submit your information today!